Scientific Diving Lifetime Achievement Nominations
Presented biennially to a Scientific Diver in recognition of their significant impact to underwater science and research
Who is eligible to be nominated?
Anyone in the scientific diving community (AAUS membership not required). Keep in mind the nominee should have a significant contribution in advancing underwater science and research. AAUS Board of Directors Members are not eligible during their term of office.
Who can submit a nominate?
The AAUS general membership is solicited for and eligible to submit nominations.
How are awardees selected?
Awards are voted and approved by the Past Presidents of AAUS and Past Award recipients.
Step 1: To begin the nomination process, provide the following no later than October 30th via the form below:
a) Nominee Name, Address, and Email
b) Justification: Highlight major accomplishments relevant to the advancement of underwater science and research which makes your nominee a good candidate for this award. (Not to exceed 500 words)
Step 2: Once the nomination form is received, the nominator and Awards committee will work with the nominee to provide the following no later than November 30th:
a) Nominee Photo
b) Biographical sketch of nominee’s career (Not to exceed 2500 words - Template )
c) 3-5 Letters of Recommendation - all letters should be strong, detailed, and substantive, using the the guidelines below:
• Letter writers must state how they know the nominee.
• A Nominator may write one of the letters (it will count toward the total number of letters).
• All recommendations must be written by individuals who know the Nominee personally and are able to address the Nominee's credentials from personal knowledge.
• Letters should preferably be written on letterhead, and the letter writers must give their full identity and credentials or affiliation.
• Letters must be dated in the current year.